Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

I wanted to be a hero but holy hell is this title long

So, a while back I spoke to Derek over at Renzokusei about doing just the first chapter of I, Who Didn't Become a Hero, Reluctantly Decided to Find a Job (Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku o Ketsuishimashita) and not doing more than that of it...before the manga was even out and I had a chance to see it.

So yeah, I was just planning on releasing this to get the series out there and known so someone could pick it up (free online raws on Nico). The only way I'll continue any more chapters is if they seem quick and easy. But seeing as the mangaka's text placement is annoying and it being based on novel making it wordswordswords, that's unlikely.

I like the light novel's artwork and have known about it since its first volume, and it had a planned anime announced for it as well. It's like Maoyuu, but it contains no potatoes. So it's nothing like Maoyuu.

Edit: Noticed I missed putting in the "here!" on page 37. I also noticed I don't care enough to fix it.
T/L note: これ! means Here!

13 comments:

  1. B-b-but, can't you translate the light novel itself? IME/in my experience, the novels themselves are much better than manga adaptations.

    P.S. Tch, can't post as an anon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most light novels don't contain Furigana, which ER won't (can't?) translate without.

      Delete
    2. Also, light novels take a considerably longer amount of time to translate.

      Delete
    3. Light novels are actually, in a way, easier to translate than some seinen manga; you can OCR them or look up kanji easier since they don't use terrible fonts or text placement, and they provide much clearer context since mangas try to convey most narration through picture (as they should, but it doesn't always work). But yeah, they are longer, and my About page does seem to say that I'm working on Furigana manga to level up my Moon since it's shit.

      And novels usually are much better than adaptions (and much longer), but I already have a shorter light novel I wanna see if I can translate or not.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter! wow such a long name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for scanning this. I thought it was very funny. I hope someone decides to continue it. Also wouldn't mind watching it as anime either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the chapter it seems fun and cool i'm gonna start scemming a weay to make you pick up bambino secondo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Title is way 2 op for me to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, we are a team of French manga translation, we are looking for the original version of this manga (raw), but in vain, I want to know where do you retrieve this manga.
    Thank you for your co-operation
    Rukene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get this from Nico Nico Douga, as it's published in an online magazine called Age Premium (エイジプレミアム). I also upload the Yuusha raws and the entire Age Premium magazine on Jcafe24, but you need to have an account with 1 post to see links there.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much for your kindness. :)

      Delete
  7. Checked the manga version out with the anime starting to air and it looks good. Hope you decide to continue scanning/translating this. :D

    ReplyDelete